Inspections and Peer Reviews Workshop Debrief
For those of you that have taken the Software Inspections and Peer Reviews workshop through Clarrus, we provide here for your convenience a collection of resources that we discussed throughout the session. You may freely use these as appropriate to help bring better practices into your organization.
Some of these artifacts may be more comprehensive than discussed in the workshop itself – if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The .zip file available here contains the following files, all copyright Karl E. Wiegers and provided here with permission:
- An MS Word template for a Peer Review process for your organization.
- Checklists for review of different aspects of the software process: requirements, project plans, architecture, high level and detailed design, code and test plans, including several language-specific checklists
- A White Paper from Karl, Software Inspections and Peer Reviews, that can be a useful introduction to many of the concepts covered in the course.
- Spreadsheets to help you manage the overall code or document inspection process
- Additional guidance on the running of successful peer reviews
Here are several more resources you may find valuable:
- Karl Wiegers’ Process Impact website provides a great deal more information about inspections and peer reviews, along with his other offerings. Check out the ‘Goodies’ section for many more downloadable files.
- Check out the Clarrus Compendium: free to subscribe, ongoing new insights on the issues that affect teams.
- Finally, as noted in the workshop, feel free to contact me at any time regarding the content or if you have any questions about related material.
It is recommended that those taking this workshop obtain the accompanying book, Peer Reviews in Software: A Practical Guide by Karl Wiegers.
This workshop has been licensed from Karl Wiegers and Process Impact.
Please contact us for more information regarding these materials.