Personal Resilience Workshop
Developing Effective Mechanisms for Fulfilling Engagement
Our next Resilience Workshop series starts soon – contact us now to get involved!
Based on Jounce!: Crafting a Resilient Life in an Increasingly Chaotic World, this program explores the nature of disruption and its impact in the workplace, and our lives. You will gain new perspectives to understand what often feels like chaos, and learn personalized strategies and skills to become more proactive, effective and fulfilled.
This isn’t a static framework of exercises to be blindly completed. Instead, this collaborative workshop provides the tools for you to develop your own personalized approach for thoughtfully responding to the challenges you face.
The result is improved personal effectiveness, stronger overall results, and greater fulfillment in the workplace.
“I was fascinated by our discussions around internal motivations and behaviours. It helped me see more clearly who I am, and which behaviours I can borrow to deal with difficult situations in life. Realizing that every person has different needs and ways of behaving in life helps to better understand them, and make us more resilient throughout life.” – Cintia Stela
This program emphasizes:
- Understanding challenges associated with disruptions and personal issues in the workplace
- Fluid deployment, with opportunities to discuss particular challenges or topics as needs arise
- Recognizing and managing the inherent human behaviours that can affect team and personal productivity
- Developing mechanisms to increase our ability to engage challenges through considered response rather than immediate reaction
- Working collaboratively as a mechanism for sharing challenges, developing potential responses, and connecting more deeply within the team
- Ongoing conscious development of strategies for personal growth and resilience
This program is intended for those interested in working to become more effective at overcoming crises or developing a more grounded approach to gaining greater fulfillment in work and life. These sessions bring people closer, with a better appreciation for each other and a deeper understanding of their shared goals.
“This workshop creates awareness and guidance for crafting our lives by learning about the power of our thoughts and decisions. Appreciating the diversity of personalities and interactions leads naturally to resilience. I enjoyed working with Jim in a supportive environment and was inspired and motivated to take control of my life.” – Shima Alagha
Developing a personalized approach for resilience takes time to reflect and internalize a variety of ideas, so the workshop is run as three half-days sessions. This program is a series of brief discussions and explorations, combined with ‘homework’ and opportunities to reflect on situations through a variety of affirming lenses.
Participants receive a copy of Jounce!, a Resilience Field Book and additional resources to provide a roadmap of opportunities for discovery, reflections and guidance on skills to use throughout their journey. The result is a personalized ‘Book of Me’ that serves as a journal for insights, and an an ongoing reference for reflection and collaboration with friends and colleagues.
Program results are deeply personal and contextual. The program is a collection of potential areas to improve, rather than a rigid structure of exercises. The program is intentionally fluid, and will be adjusted based on the needs and interests of the group. Optional offline coaching to support participants is available as required.
Potential workshop topics include:
- Shared stories of challenges and disruptions we face
- Cognitive Biases: mechanisms that colour our response to these disruptions
- A Framework for building resilience
- A self-assessment: My current state of resilience
- Mindfulness: Being in the moment
- The Strength Deployment Inventory: understanding motives and expectations – of yourself and others
- Dealing with Adversity and Conflict
- Personal Strategic Planning
- Additional topics as required – please contact us with your particular needs
Please contact us for more information regarding this offering.